COMMUNITY RULES for Lake Madrone, 2016 (Rev. 5/2016)
1. Speed Limit 15 miles per hour for all vehicles.
2. Motorized recreational vehicles (ATV’s, motorcycles, trail bikes, golf carts, mopeds, and the like) are to be used only as transportation to a location and NOT FOR “JOYRIDING” OR “CRUISING”.
3. Parking: When parking do not block the passage of other vehicles. Allow enough room for emergency vehicles and service vehicles, such as the garbage truck, to pass. Please do not park vehicles on the beaches and on lawns.
4. Dogs must be on a leash when off the owner’s property or under effective control of the owner. (Chapter 4 Butte County Code.)On Beaches: All Dogs must be on a leash while at the beach: for Child Safety!It is required that owners pick up and dispose of dropping left by their dogs.
5. No diving or jumping allowed from bridges or the dam.
6. Power boat hours: 10am-3pm. For your safety please avoid the power boating area when such activities are taking place. This includes swimmers and all types of water craft.
7. Power Boat and trailer storageallowed ONLY on the owner’s property.
8. Use of motorhomes, trailers, campers or tents by property owners, their guests, or renters, are NOT allowed on LMWD property. Any storage of such items must be on the premises of the property owner and not on roadways or common grounds.
9. During “red flag days” of extreme fire danger the fire pit may be closed.
10. Use ofFirearms and fireworks are prohibited in the Lake Madrone area.
11. Fishing: Catch and release whenever possible.
12 Reduced Noise: Out of courtesy for neighbors, 11:00pm-8:00am is the time when loud music or other noises, such as chain saws and blowers, are to be avoided.
13. Watercraft Removal: Paddleboats, canoes and other watercraft should be removed from beaches and lakeside areas by October 1st to enable channel cleanout and the operation of heavy equipment.
14. Please post a copy of the Community Rules at your cabin for any renters/guests. Please remember that guests must have access to their host residence during the entire time of the guests’ visit.
15. Any modifications to LMWD property require Board approval.
Post in a prominent place at the Lake Madrone residence.
To download or print a copy of these "Rules" click here.
1. A $50.00 annual fee (April 1 – November 30) and the execution of a Powerboat Use Agreement are required prior to operating a powerboat on Lake Madrone. An I.D. sticker must be displayed on the boat at all times. The I.D. sticker will confirm that proof of adequate liability insurance has been presented to the Lake Madrone Water District and that a Powerboat Use Agreement has been executed.
2. Each property owner and their immediate family are allowed to have one (1) powerboat in operation on the Lake at any one time, provided that all of the other applicable rules are followed.
3. The use of Lake Madrone by powerboats for cruising, skiing or tobogganing shall be limited to the hours between 10:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. so as to allow unmolested time for those wishing to fish or use the Lake for other recreational purposes. A powerboat, used for fishing at trolling speed, is not considered a powerboat for purposes of this rule.
4. Powerboats and sailing craft shall avoid all designated swimming areas.
5. Canoes, rowboats, swimmers and the like must stay out of the ski areas of Lake Madrone from 10:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m., when powerboats are in operation.
6. Not more than two (2) powerboats and/or two (2) skiers shall be permitted to operate on the Lake at any one time.
7. All ski boats shall take off at one designated point, which shall be the Ski Beach, unless changed by the Lake Madrone Water District Board of Directors.
8. In addition to the driver, each boat pulling a skier shall have an observer in the boat that is at least twelve (12) years of age.
9. Powerboats are forbidden to chase waterfowl or to willingly destroy the water lilies in the Lake.
10. No jet skis, jet boats, or other excessively loud boats are permitted on Lake Madrone.
11. At the discretion of Lake Madrone Water District Board of Directors, violations of these rules may result in the revocation of a powerboat use permit.
12. In the event of an emergency, all Lake use activities are to cease until the emergency equipment has left the Lake area.
13. All boaters are to abide by the U.S. Coast Guard Inland Safe Boating Rules.
(Powerboat Use Agreement on the reverse side)
To download or print a copy of these "Lake MadronePower Boat Rules & Regulations" click here.
The Lake Madrone Water District Board of Directors does not encourage use of the Ski Beach area for more than 100 people. The lake facilities are not available for public use. Only Lake Madrone property owners may request the use of the facilities for themselves or their immediate families. This agreement need not be used when the planned gathering is for no more than 25 people.
1. The property owner shall provide evidence of authorized insurance for the term of the agreement, protecting the liability of the Lake Madrone Water District. The amount of public liability shall be a minimum of $1,000,000 per occurrence for bodily injury and property damage.
2. If public restrooms are not available, the property owner shall provide portable sanitary facilities adequate for the number of persons in attendance. If they are available, a $50.00 cleaning fee will be required.
3. The property owner is responsible for posting security personnel at a specified gate to allow their invited guests entry to the lake facilities. Adequate parking must be arranged so that the roadways are clear at all times, and cars are not parked on the grass areas.
4. As power boating, swimming, and other beach activities occur during the day, the Lake Madrone Board encourages use of the ski beach facilities for private parties to begin after 4:00 p.m. and must conclude by 11:00 p.m.
5. Sale of any alcoholic beverage is prohibited.
6. The property owner is responsible for the behavior of the invited guests.
7. A refundable cleaning deposit of $500.00 shall be paid at the time the application is made to the Board of Directors. All garbage and refuse is to be removed from the Lake Madrone area within 24 hours of the completion of the activity.
8. An additional refundable deposit of $500.00 shall be paid at the time the application is made to insure that all terms of this agreement are kept by the property owner. Forfeiture or refund of this deposit will be determined at the sole discretion of the Board.
9. The property owner must be responsive to all requests made by the Board during the course of the activity.
10. Application must be made in person to the Board of Directors of the Lake Madrone Water District 60 days’ prior to the scheduled activity.
To download or print a copy of these "RULES FOR USE OF SKI BEACH FACILITIES", click here.
the past two decades, the Lake Madrone community has seen a huge
increase in the number of property owners that are using small off
road vehicles and golf carts around the Lake on a regular basis.
Risk Control Department of the District’s insurance carrier made
the following recommendations for property owners:
some homeowner policies will cover the use of these vehicles, there
are some that don’t. So each homeowner should check with their
insurance carrier to make sure they have coverage for liability and
for property damage a vehicle may cause.
is recommended that each homeowner have a minimum of $500,000 in
liability coverage for operation of their vehicle.
vehicles should be used for transportation not as toys and it is the
homeowner’s responsibility to make sure that anyone who drives
their vehicle obeys the rules of the road.
Drivers need to obey
the speed limit, slow down when driving by pedestrians and other
vehicles, and come to a stop at intersections. Only licensed
operators should be entrusted with the vehicles.
vehicle should be maintained in good working order (are the brakes
working properly and is maintenance done per manufacturers
vehicles should be used only on common roads and not on the common
areas or the beaches. They should not be operated on private
property unless you have the owner’s permission.